When it comes to Chinese cuisine, the common question asked by many is whether or not it is possible to build a diet around Chinese food. Well, the answer to this question is an obvious ‘yes’. In fact, the Chinese are very health-conscious and the kinds of food they eat are usually very healthy. If you emphasize more on Chinese foods made with steamed vegetables or steamed meat, Chinese cuisine can definitely be a part of your health diet.
Following are 7 reasons why you should opt for a Chinese food diet:
1) The Chinese cooking methods, such as steaming, roasting, boiling, stewing, baking, involve the use of very little or no oil. In addition, most of the popular Chinese delicacies are stir-fried and not deep-fried, and thus are suitable for a health diet.
2) The traditional Chinese cuisine is such that a desired balance is maintained between the ‘Yin’ foods, which comprises of fruits and vegetables, and the ‘Yang’ foods, which refer to different types of meat. This balance, according to the Chinese, is very necessary to ward off most illnesses and ailments.
3) Certain Chinese food ingredients and food products, such as mushrooms and green tea, are even thought to contain certain chemicals that can fight cancer. Green tea is also known to contain anti-oxidants that help to lose weight.
4) A typical Chinese diet includes loads of carbohydrates, plenty of vegetables, the right quantity of brown rice, meat used as seasoning, and a copious amount of tea, and is therefore an ideal diet to maintain your health. Also, red meat, which increases the level of cholesterol, is used only occasionally in Chinese delicacies.
5) In the Chinese cuisine, more emphasis is laid on the use of right combination of herbs, spices, and condiments, which are also very good for a sound health.
6) Most Chinese delicacies are prepared using poly-unsaturated oils instead of other milk based ingredients such as cream, butter, or cheese.
7) Last but not the least, Chinese foods are not very costly and can best fit in your tight budget during the present economic recession.
Thus, if you are really looking for a healthy and inexpensive diet, visit your nearest Chinese restaurant. But, make sure you make a healthy choice from the menu.